Full portfolio of products and services on display
New Balance, Align Technology, pq Eyewear and many more to showcase innovative uses of 3D Systems’ technology
Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer, Chuck Hull, to take part in CES panel discussion “Under the Hood: Understanding Underlying Product Technologies”
Full portfolio of products and services on display
ROCK HILL, South Carolina, January 5, 2016 – 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that it will showcase its full range of 3D printers, software and services at International CES 2016 in Las Vegas, NV, January 6-9. Visitors are invited to observe and explore how 3D technology is already transforming the way we work, learn and live at 3D Systems’ booth 72721 in the Sands Expo.
In addition to showcasing its comprehensive lineup of existing products and services, 3D Systems plans to unveil new products, including:
- The heavy duty ProX™ DMP 320, designed for high precision, high throughput Direct Metal Printing and optimized for critical applications requiring complex, chemically-pure titanium, stainless steel or nickel super alloy parts. For more information on the ProX DMP 320, click here.
- The company’s newest additions to its MultiJet Printing (MJP) family, the ProJet MJP 3600 Series. The ProJet MJP 3600 Series provides functional concept models, prototypes and production parts in a wide range of materials at up to twice the speed of previous generations. The multi-material ProJet MJP 5500X will also be on display, featuring new material advancements with exceptional elastomeric performance. Additionally, the company will preview the ProJet MJP 2500 Series 3D printers, which are now in beta testing. Combining professional grade 3D printing capabilities with an affordable, office-friendly footprint and easy part processing, the ProJet MJP 2500 Series is designed to enable a broader range of professionals to create precision parts without leaving their workplace. Additional information on the company’s latest enhancements to its MJP portfolio can be found here.
Throughout the 3D Systems booth, attendees will have the opportunity to peruse a wide range of 3D-enabled applications that span from the product design shop to the operating room to the factory floor.
Hourly in-booth presentations by customers and expert users will provide real life examples of how 3D Systems’ solutions are advancing modern capabilities to improve existing products, as well as create new ones.
Presentations scheduled for 3D Systems’ booth 72721 in the Sands Expo include:
- The world’s first commercial running shoe made with a 3D printed midsole, produced by New Balance using 3D Systems’ Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) printers and DuraForm® Flex TPU material;
- The power and potential of mass customization featuring Align Technology, which relies on 3D Systems’ Stereolithography (SLA) 3D printers to create its patient specific Invisalign® aligners;
- Fit For Me bespoke products, featuring companies such as Wiivv, Sandboxr, Vowsmith and pq Eyewear that have adapted 3D technology to better cater to their customers through individually-tailored design and production;
- 3D design demonstrations by artist and inventor Scotty Ziegler, highlighting the intuitive nature of 3D modeling and design and showcasing how designers and engineers can move fluidly from an idea to a virtual model to a physical part and back again;
- Direct Metal Printing with Planetary Resources, showcasing how one company is using 3D design and manufacturing to develop cost-effective space exploration technologies, mine near-earth asteroids and expand humanity’s resource base. 3D Systems will also reveal and display the first-ever object 3D printed from material recovered from a meteorite.
- Advanced healthcare solutions and personalized medicine, including custom braces and prosthetics by UNYQ as well as Virtual Surgical Planning (VSP®) and Virtual Surgical Simulation (VSS™) by 3D Systems.
A full presentation schedule can be found online at http://www.3dsystems.com/ces
“We are bringing the full array of our products and services to CES 2016 to share the amazing things that are happening today with 3D technology,” said Cathy Lewis, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, 3D Systems. “Our expanded display is designed to showcase how individuals and companies alike are using our solutions to improve designs, transform workflows, bring innovative products to market and drive new business models.”
In addition to 3D Systems’ in-booth product exhibition and presentation series, the company’s Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer, Chuck Hull, will take part in the panel presentation “Under the Hood: Understanding Underlying Product Technologies.” As the inventor of the first additive manufacturing process, Stereolithography, Hull will explain in everyday language the innovations that make 3D printing possible today. See Hull’s panel discussion at 10:15 AM on January 7 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, room N261.
Real-time 3D Systems updates from the show can be viewed and shared using #IdeasTransformed. In-booth presentations and experiences will be broadcasted live from the company’s Periscope account, @3DSystemscorp, and posted to its YouTube channel.
Über 3D Systems
3D Systems provides advanced and comprehensive 3D digital design and fabrication solutions, including 3D printers, print materials and custom-designed parts. Its powerful ecosystem transforms entire industries by empowering users to bring their ideas to life using its vast material selection, including plastics, elastomers, metals and bio-compatible materials. 3D Systems’ leading personalized medicine capabilities include end-to-end simulation, training and planning, and printing of patient-specific surgical instruments and medical and dental devices. Its 3D digital design, fabrication and inspection products provide seamless interoperability and incorporate the latest immersive computing technologies. 3D Systems’ products and services disrupt traditional methods, deliver improved results and empower its customers to manufacture the future now.
More information on the company is available at www.3dsystems.com
Invisalign is a registered trademark of Align Technology, Inc.